Our feet are shock absorbers, support 1.2 times our weight when walking and up to 3 times our weight when running or taking part in physical activity- so it’s no wonder that so many of us have sore feet when we wake up in the morning! Common symptoms include sharp, burning or shooting pains, redness, swelling, stiff joints and muscles, cracks in the skin and difficulty walking.
There are lots of causes of foot pain including exercising too much and wearing shoes that are ill-fitting. Foot pain can sometimes also be a sign of conditions such as Plantar Fasciitis and Tendonitis although in most cases it is nothing serious and you can usually ease the pain yourself at home by following these simple tips…
- Treat your feet to regular foot baths using the Soothing Foot Soak. The warm water will help to relax sore muscles and the soak contains anti-inflammatory Manuka Honey which will help to heal and hydrate as well as Ginger Extract to revive tired, painful feet.
- For quick relief, use the Cooling Foot Spray- a refreshing mist to instantly help cool and revive tired, aching feet and legs. Blended with Ginger extract, skin soothing Manuka honey and hydrating Aloe Vera and with the uplifting fragrance of Green Tea & zesty Lime. It comes in a handy 100ml bottle which makes it ideal for carrying in your handbag or luggage to use whenever you need it.
- Massaging the feet helps to reduce tension, improve circulation, stimulate muscles and alleviate pain. Apply the Conditioning Foot Cream all over feet and take a few minutes to massage in to the feet, ankles and toes. The foot cream will also hydrate and soften any dry, uncomfortable and hard skin, Do this before bed to relive any tension from the day and leave you with pain-free feet when you wake up in the morning.
- If you suffer from painful cracks and splitting heels it’s really important to start looking after them to prevent symptoms from getting worse and to alleviate any discomfort. Use the Cracked Heel Sealer daily on any affected areas. It forms a thin transparent barrier on the skin to prevent surface cracks from deepening and gives a comfortable skin smoothing effect that lasts all day. Use the Cracked Heel Balm every night before you go to bed to keep the feet hydrated and gently exfoliate and renew skin with key ingredients of Lactic and Benzoic Acids. Pop some socks on to lock in the moisture and you’ll wake up with feet that feel brand new!
- Make sure to stretch your feet and lower legs gently before and after exercise or any strenuous activity to help prevent any injury or tension.
- Last but by no means least make sure you are wearing well fitting, comfortable footwear with a low heel and if necessary use insoles or orthotics to cushion, support and protect the foot.