Foot Filing is a key part of any foot care regime. To effectively hydrate and nourish the skin, it is essential to remove any dry, dead skin, so that your foot moisturiser can be properly absorbed into the skin.
Although using a foot file is not a complex task, it’s important to know the proper techniques of using it for effective and long-lasting results.
Read our top tips on how to effectively file your feet, for healthy and radiant skin:
- First things first, make sure that the foot file is clean and dry before you start!
- The Bare Feet Foot File is perfect for removing hard skin and callus build up, due to its stainless steel handle and abrasive pads on both sides make the file hard wearing and easy to use.
- Always file your feet on dry skin, before your bath or shower. Wet skin masks the problem areas, which can lead to over-filing. Over-filing can weaken the tissues, making the skin more prone to infection.
- The best way to file is to apply a bit of pressure on areas of thickened or calloused skin, filing towards the midline of the foot, being careful not to over-grip the file. Avoid areas of broken or irritated skin, as filing this may cause infection.
- For optimum treatment results, use the Foot File with the Exfoliating Foot Scrub and Conditioning Foot Cream 2-3 times a week. After filing, use the foot scrub in the shower or bath, to ensure that all dead, dry skin is removed, especially in those out-of-reach places, such as in between your toes. Finish your routine with the daily treatment foot cream to stop the callus from re-emerging, hydrate the skin, as well as keep it healthy and protected.