Let’s face it; most of us have suffered from sweaty feet or foot odour at some point, however when the warmer summer months arrive, it’s a much more common affliction! Some of the side effects of hot, sweaty feet include:
- Blisters A build up of sweat can block small pores in your feet, leading to increased friction that can grow into a blister
- Smelly Feet Smelly feet are the cause of a build-up of bacteria in your feet. Bacteria grows because of moisture.
- Athlete’s Foot As above, moisture can lead to a built up in bacteria. It can also lead to an increase in fungus, the cause behind Athlete’s foot.
The good news is, you don’t need to grin and bear it. There are some simple steps you can take to ensure your feet stay fresh in the hotter temperatures, so that you can say goodbye to embarrassing foot odours for good.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Do wash feet daily and dry thoroughly, especially between the toes. Using a hair dryer is a good way to ensure between the toes and the nails are completely dry.
- Do take 10 minutes to yourself to enjoy a refreshing foot soak. The Bare Feet Soothing Foot Soak is formulated for its skin soothing benefits and to leave feet feeling cleansed, moisturised and refreshed. Pour a small amount in to a bowl of warm water and use daily for tired feet and legs in need of hydration or weekly as pampering treat. We recommend adding a chilled playlist & your favourite drink for ultimate relaxation!
- Do remove the hard skin from the soles of the feet with a good quality foot file such as the Bare Feet Foot File. These areas become an ideal home for bacteria when they become soggy and damp. And remember – always use the file on dry skin. Do wear clean socks every day and ensure they are made of a breathable fabric. Soggy socks will encourage the build-up of bacteria, and that’s where foot odour becomes a problem!
- Do use the Foot Cooling Spray, a refreshing mist to instantly help cool and revive tired, aching feet and legs. The travel friendly 100ml size makes it ideal for carrying in your handbag or luggage to use whenever you need to freshen up – simply spritz over your feet and enjoy the instant cooling sensation.
- Don’t wear footwear made of synthetic materials as this will trap sweat and moisture. Also, try and swap shoes or sandals daily to give them a chance to air.